Dubai, U.A.E., 17 April 2018 – Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd. today announced its Q1 2018 key strategic and operational highlights for its leasing arm DAE Capital:
Strategic highlights Q1 2018
- DAE Capital / AWAS operational integration completed on time, with all management objectives fully achieved; today, DAE functions as one company offering the highest levels of customer service across its six global offices.
- Top five globally ranked operating lease company (by fleet size).
- Launched third-party aviation asset management unit (DAE Aircraft Investor Services) – target assets under management of $5 billion.
- Continued to demonstrate industry-leading initiative by becoming a launch customer for Rolls-Royce’s LessorCare.
- Appointed Abdulmalek Murad (formerly of Etihad and Gulf Air) as Chief Operating Officer for its engineering division Joramco.
Operational highlights Q1 2018
- Six new aircraft purchased.
- 15 leasing transactions completed.
- 382 owned, managed and committed aircraft in fleet.
- 111 current customers in 55 countries.
- Average age of owned fleet: 5.74 years (Ascend Indicative Market Value).
- Average lease term remaining on owned fleet: 6.02 years (Ascend Indicative Market Value).
- 17 committed pipeline units and 10 committed purchase lease back units in place.
- Received both the Aviation 100 and Global Transport Finance ‘M&A Deal of the Year’ awards, recognizing the strategic importance of the DAE / AWAS merger to the industry.
* ENDS *
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd. is a globally recognized aerospace corporation and one of the largest aircraft leasing companies in the world. Headquartered in Dubai, DAE’s leasing and engineering divisions serve over 125 airline customers around the world from its seven locations in Dubai, Dublin, Amman, Singapore and the US.
DAE’s award-winning leasing division DAE Capital has an owned, managed and committed fleet of nearly 400 Airbus, ATR and Boeing aircraft with a fleet value of US$ 14 billion. More information can be found on the company’s web site at www.dubaiaerospace.com.
For further information, please contact:
Alec Elliott +353 87 187 9161 | Arne Bevaart +971 4 428 9591 | firstname.lastname@example.org